How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks project is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic devices that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not work properly if you missed this important action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely simple to comprehend. Softwares are already available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous in regard to its results on your iPod device. Unless handled by a professional specialist, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not best.