How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the ability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in terms of customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your TV, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required before beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not function appropriately if you missed this essential step.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is clearly really easy to comprehend. Softwares are already available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, very risky with concerns to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is not best.